Amended Constitution of the “Massey Manawatu Students’ Badminton Club” 2018)
The name of the club shall be “Massey Manawatu Students’ Badminton Club”
(referred to as ”MMSBC”)
- PRINCIPLE OBJECTIVES
- To facilitate badminton primarily among students of Massey University, but also wider community members.
- To affiliate to Badminton Manawatu and Massey University Students’ Association.
- To manage itself as a student lead badminton club
- To participate in Interclub competitions, Inter Association matches,
Championships, tournaments in NZ and overseas.
- To receive subscription fees from registered members
- To receive sport grants and donations for approved specific or general purpose in
connection with the game of badminton and to manage the same.
- SUBSCRIPTION FEES
- The Annual Subscription Fees for students, and for non-students and Casual Fees can be changed at the Annual General Meeting.
b.The annual subscription fees shall be paid by all registered members of MMSBC.
- Student fees will remain low to the discretion of the executive
- Non-student fees must match social badminton clubs in Palmerston North
- Casual members may pay per week
- Student casuals will become a registered member for the year if they attend enough to have payed for a full membership.
- All badminton players shall be eligible for registration as financial members of
- MMSBC can create Honorary Membership but such members cannot participate
actively in the management of MMSBC or cannot hold office as a member of the
Executive or have voting rights at meetings but may be granted speaking rights at the
President’s discretion. Honorary members are exempt of paying any subscription and
visiting fees to MMSBC.
- Annual General Meeting
a.The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of “Massey Manawatu Students’ Badminton Club” shall take place once per year during Massey semester and on a club day.
- At all General Meetings of MMSBC the President shall take Chair but in his/her
absence the meeting shall nominate a registered financial member to act as
Chairperson to Chair the meeting.
- At an AGM or SGM the constitution should be ratified, re-signed, dated and a copy sent to MUSA.
- A Special General Meeting shall be convened by the President and or Secretary
within fourteen (14) days of the receipt of written requests from three (3) registered financial members of MMSBC.
- At all Annual General Meetings of MMSBC, quorum must be 25% of that years active members.
- The Standing Orders shall be First Schedule of the MUBC constitution.
- CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS
Amendments to the constitution can only be carried out in the presence of
Two Thirds (2/3) of registered financial members with Two Third (2/3) majority of
those present voting in favour of the amendment.
This Constitution shall come into force on May 5th 2018.
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEES of MMSBC
- The Executive Committee Members shall consist of a PRESIDENT, a
SECRETARY, a TREASURER plus additional members to help run the club as deemed necessary by registered financial members of MMSBC at an AGM. The President will be the Chairperson of the Executive.
- The Executive Committees shall be held responsible for the general running of
MUBC and is responsible for the carrying out the instructions so far as possible
subject to this Constitution and by resolutions of Membership at the AGM.
c.The Executive can, where it deems necessary or upon the receipt by the President or Secretary requests for a Committee Meeting from Three (3) Executive
- It is the duty of the Secretary to provide at least Six (6) days notice of the time
and place of the meeting to all Executive Committee members. In an emergency the
Secretary must try to inform as many of the Executive Committee members as
- An Executive Committee Member can appoint registered financial members of MMSBC into special sub-committees to investigate and report on specific matters.
- The Executive Committee Members may from time to time organize Tournaments /
Championships (Open/Closed) in accordance to rules of Badminton Federation NZ.
a.The Executive Committee Members shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting by registered financial members of MMSBC and assume office at the conclusion of the AGM in which they are elected.
- The Executive Committee Members shall become fully registered financial members of MMSBC and be subjected to the Annual Subscription Fees payable.
- DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES of the Executive Committee Members
- The President shall:
- i) be responsible for coordinating the activity of MMSBC
- ii) ensure that information and communication of MMSBC matters are passed on to
MUSA and Massey Recreation Officers in relations to badminton court bookings,
tournaments and MMSBC meetings.
iii) act as spokesperson for MMSBC
- The Secretary shall:
- i) be responsible for convening all meetings of MMSBC.
- ii) keep minutes of all MMSBC meetings and submit these minutes for acceptance at
the next meeting.
iii) inform MUSA and Recreation Officers of the Names and Contact details in
writing of elected MMSCBC Executive Committee Members within 5 working days of
- iv) collating and updating resources.
- v) checking MMSBC mail and attend / reply to MMSBC correspondence, emails, and the Facebook page regularly.
- The Treasurer shall:
- i) keep the account of MMSBC.
- ii) be responsible for all MMSBC financial transactions and banking.
iii) be responsible for immediately banking of subscription fees and private monies
received operated through MUSA PN office and associated bank account. A Small
Fund of Money (Kitty) of less than $50.00 may be held for communal use.
- iv) submit at MMSBC Annual General Meeting and Special Meeting a statement of
Income and Expenditure and present accounts of MMSBC to be audited.
- v) in conjunction with either the President or Secretary authorises all financial
transactions and banking issues of the MMSBC.
- CAPITAL ASSETS
All capital and financial assets of MMSBC revert to MUSA upon dissolution
of the club. MMSBC shall maintain an up-to-date schedule of its assets and provide a
copy of this to MUSA Accounts Office as requested and at least annually.